So you have had a successful hunt, now what? Wildlife biologist and hunter Steve Nadeau demonstrates how to field dress and quarter a deer (or any other big game animal).
This method is for animals you are not planning to use for a taxidermy mount.
According to Nadeau, there are five good reasons to remove the hide and entrails while you are in the field:
- Removing entrails cools carcass and prevents the meat from spoiling.
- A rapid removal of entrails will prevent E.coli bacteria from spreading.
- Field dressing reduces weight for transport.
- Proper field dressing is quick and simple.
- Removing the hide quickly cools the carcass and preserves meat quality.
Explore These Field Dressing Kits
click on images to view more details