There are so many wonderful ways to cook your wild rabbit
Tonight why not give this Tender Juicy Braised Wild Rabbit Recipe a try.
One of the great things about this recipe is that it only takes about 20 minutes to prepare and with a cook time of about 45 minutes this is a snap.
1 dressed rabbit (2-1/2 pounds), cut into serving-size pieces
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chicken broth
1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup lemon juice
5 tablespoons cold water
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook rabbit in oil until lightly browned;
- Remove Rabbit and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, thyme, pepper and bay leaf.
- Return rabbit to pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until meat is tender and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove rabbit and place on a serving platter. Discarding bay leaf.
- Combine the flour, lemon juice and water until smooth; stir into pan juice.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with rabbit.
- Yield: 4 servings.