There are a number of fish taco recipes available on-line, ranging from traditional Mexican fish tacos to tex-mex style fish tacos.
Only your imagination limits how many variations of fish tacos you can make, that is why fish tacos are so enjoyable to cook and eat.
Traditional Fish Tacos
For the Fish Taco Seasoning:
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
*Note: You can opt to use – Ortega Seasoning Mix, Fish Taco Seasoning, 1 Ounce Package – If you wish.
1 pound firm white fish
2 tablespoons of good quality extra virgin cooking oil
2 tablespoons of lime juice
- Combine fish, oil, lime juice, and one half of the seasoning mix in a plastic bag and marinate it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Fry or grill the fish until it flakes easily
For the Fish Taco Sauce:
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Half taco seasoning (see above)
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro, and one half of the seasoning mix.
- Fill tortillas with fish, cabbage, chopped tomato, chopped avocado, cheddar cheese, lime juice and top it with fish sauce.
- You could also serve with homemade salsa.
Get The Items Used For This Recipe
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest outdoor news, gear reviews, or an exclusive offer from our partners. Just add your email address in the form below and click subscribe.