MADISON – New for Fall 2018, the Hunt Wild Wisconsin mobile application has everything hunters need to improve their time in the outdoors.
“Hunt Wild Wisconsin is going to help our hunters from day one – they can find new public lands, take a look at the regulations, and much more – all in one place,” said DNR Secretary Dan Meyer. “This is something our staff have worked extremely hard to roll out for fall hunting seasons – I think people are going to love using this app. Find new public lands to explore, brush up on the regulations, or listen to podcasts – users can do it all with Hunt Wild Wisconsin. With mobile mapping, up to the minute shooting hours, and much more, we’ve given you all the tools to focus on what’s important – enjoying your time in the outdoors.”
To download this free hunting app on a mobile phone, simply search “Hunt Wild Wisconsin” in the iTunes app store or Google Play store on the mobile device. Be sure to check out a helpful tutorial to help navigate the app and learn its features.
This free mobile app has tons of features that will help improve your time in the field:
- build your experience based on what you hunt – Hunt Wild Wisconsin tailors mapping and regulations features based on which species you plan on pursuing – everything from zones to season dates;
- access satellite and topographic maps, public land boundaries and regulations with (or without) a cell signal;
- tailor the map to your hunt – save your favorite hunting location or feature of interest;
- save your trails for those early morning walk-ins;
- shooting hours are automatically determined by your location;
- easy to read summary of regulations, all in one place – everything you need to know, right in the palm of your hand (with or without a cellular connection);
- access to your Go Wild account allows you to purchase new hunting licenses, tags, and permits;
- use GameReg in the field to register your harvest with the Hunt Wild Wisconsin app; and
- listen to the Off the Record Podcast on your walk in or pass time in the stand.
For users with Android phones, it is important to note that this app is primarily intended for Android versions 8.0 and above. Android phones with version 7.0 may not have access to some mapping capabilities within the app and Android versions 6.0 and below will be unable to install the application – this is to help ensure a quality experience for our users. For support regarding the Hunt Wild Wisconsin mobile application, contact HuntWild@wisconsin.gov.
Find download information and a tutorial by searching the DNR website, dnr.wi.gov, for keywords “hunt app.”