Bullheads are fantastic eating if bullheads are caught in relatively clear water like a clear water lake you do not do anything except clean them,
as quickly as you get home or back to the cabin, toss ’em in a bowl of salted water to soak for a day, drain them, pat any excess water off of the fish fillets and deep fry or pan fry them up!
¾ cup flour
1 package of Louisiana Fish Fry, Beer Batter Mix, 8.5 oz
2 teaspoons paprika
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
lemon or lime wedges
- Clean bullheads, cover fillets with milk, and refrigerate at least three hours.
- Mix dry ingredients in a plastic bag.
- Drain and dry the fillets.
- Place fillets, two at a time in the bag and shake, coating the fish evenly with the dry mixture.
- Heat cooking oil ¼-inch deep in a pan until a bit of flour sizzles when dropped in the pan.
- Cook 2-3 fillets in the pan at a time about 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Serve fish with lemon or lime wedges, good tartar sauce, and cold beer.
Get The Ingredients For This Recipe
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest outdoor news, gear reviews, or an exclusive offer from our partners. Just add your email address in the form below and click subscribe.