Bullheads are fantastic eating if bullheads are caught in relatively clear water like a clear water lake you do not do anything except clean them,
as quickly as you get home or back to the cabin, toss ’em in a bowl of salted water to soak for a day, drain them, pat any excess water off of the fish fillets and deep fry or pan fry them up!
¾ cup flour
1 package of Louisiana Fish Fry, Beer Batter Mix, 8.5 oz
2 teaspoons paprika
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
lemon or lime wedges
- Clean bullheads, cover fillets with milk, and refrigerate at least three hours.
- Mix dry ingredients in a plastic bag.
- Drain and dry the fillets.
- Place fillets, two at a time in the bag and shake, coating the fish evenly with the dry mixture.
- Heat cooking oil ¼-inch deep in a pan until a bit of flour sizzles when dropped in the pan.
- Cook 2-3 fillets in the pan at a time about 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Serve fish with lemon or lime wedges, good tartar sauce, and cold beer.