Winter is the best time of the year for comfort food. In my opinion, one of the best comfort foods is cornbread.
A moist flavor explosion in your mouth. Cornbread is also very versatile. It can be served hot out of the oven with butter, jelly, or best of all fresh honey. Cornbread goes with soup or stew. My all-time favorite way to have cornbread is with a fresh batch of Venison Chili. Yummy.
Rich Golden Corn Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Prep 10 m
Cook 25 m
Ready In 35 m
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spray or lightly grease an 8 or 9 inch glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir in egg, milk and vegetable oil until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared glass baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Serve immediately with your choice of favorite toppings, or after it is cool cover with plastic wrap and eat within a couple of days.