Slow Cooker Cowboy Venison Potato Casserole
Here is a simple delicious meal that will have everyone gathering round the table in anticipation.
1½ Pounds Ground Venison, browned and drained
6 Medium Red Potatoes, cut into 1½ inch cubes
1 Medium Onion, chopped
3 Garlic Coves, minced
1 Can Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14 oz) can diced Tomatoes with Green Chili, un-drained
¼ Cup water
1 ½ Tablespoon salt
2 Teaspoon pepper
4 oz shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1. Brown Ground Venison and drain.
2. Add Potatoes to 4-quart slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
3. Add onion and garlic.
4. Add beef, beans, and tomato. Pour over water.
5. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours.
6. Sprinkle cheese in last 15 minutes and continue to cook covered.
Comments: Any ground wild game meat can be used to make this delicious casserole. To add a bit more color and flavor throw in a few chopped Chives as well.