Celebrating Great Grilling Recipes
A favorite for summer time grilling has to be a refreshing grilled fish and cool salad. Try out the: Grilled BBQ Salmon and Quick Arugula Salad Recipes.
In our last blog post Food Network personality Sunny Anderson shared some safe grilling tips. Here we share a small sampling of her favorite recipes as she .announces the launch of Grilling for Heroes, a campaign to collect grilling recipes and donations supporting veterans, while raising awareness of safe grilling practices.
Recipe: Sunny’s Grilled BBQ Salmon and Quick Arugula Salad
Summary: Recipe courtesy Sunny Anderson
- 1 side of salmon
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, mesquite
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion (paper thin on mandoline)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh black pepper
- Pat salmon dry.
- Place salmon skin side down on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil.
- In zigzag motion, drizzle liquid smoke over flesh of salmon; let rest 5 minutes.
- In medium bowl stir paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Gently pour seasoning blend over entire top of salmon patting it into flesh evenly. Let rest at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to 400º F.
- Drizzle olive oil over salmon.
- Place salmon skin side down on grill over indirect heat and cook until medium rare, about 20 minutes depending on size of salmon.
- Remove from grill and tent loosely with aluminum foil and rest 10 minutes before serving flaked into salad or on side cut into portions.
- In large bowl toss arugula, onion and lemon juice.
- Drizzle over olive oil, sprinkle lightly with salt and few grinds of black pepper; toss again.
- Serve salad with flaked salmon on top or on side as main entree.
Preparation time: 2 Hours
Cooking time: About 20 Minutes
Number of servings (yield): 8
For other recipes, such as this flavorful salmon dish, more information about the campaign, other safe grilling tips, or to submit a grilling recipe and military story, visit GrillingForHeroes.com.
If you missed Part 1 of this 2 Part Series on Summertime Grilling Safety with Sunny. Please Visit Part 1.