Eating shrimp offers a variety of health benefits. Shrimp is packed with several vitamins and minerals and is a great source of protein.
Added to that eating shrimp can also promote a healthy heart and brain due to the fact that shrimp contains omega-3 fatty acids and the antioxidant astaxanthin. We’re going to be creating a delicious spicy shrimp-loaded taco that is packed with flavor and healthy goodness.
Homemade Spicy Shrimp Tacos
- 6-12 Large or Jumbo fresh or frozen Shrimp
- Spicy Shrimp Taco Seasoning Mix:
- 2 teaspoons each chili powder and cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon each onion powder and garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper more or less to taste – if you like it spicy – add some more
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- First clean and de-vein your large or jumbo shrimp in cool water – (fresh or frozen) either work fine. (if you’re using tail on shrimp – remove the tails)
- Second meal use trimmings and odd-shaped pieces from the first meal.
- Re-heat in a pan with olive oil and dill weed.
- Break fish apart into flakes and stir in freshly chopped cilantro to taste.
- Serve in heated taco shells with regular add-ons (onions, diced tomato, olives, sour cream, etc.) and Spanish rice.